Posted On: 10/14/2016 at 02:19 PM
Welcome to Gaiscioch
First and foremost let me welcome you to our humble community. Within the ranks of Gaiscioch you will find many event leaders who provide us with daily adventures and events. Gaiscioch traditionally plays host to some of the world's largest public community events. We're looking to grow our forces to relaunch the Telara Saga for Season 3 in February of 2017.
Through our experience we have come to know and love the smaller scale content of RIFT including Raiding, Dungeons, Zone Clears, and even some PvP. We take an open and friendly approach toward gaming. As a Gaiscioch you can began gaining ranks, earning vault credits, and gain accolades. All of these transfer over with you for the life of your Gaiscioch membership regardless of the games we play.
All members are welcome to be a part of any community, and are encouraged to pursue that which interests them. A smile on your face is more important than a tag above your head.
Welcome to The Gaiscioch Family
The Gaiscíoch (pronounced Gosh-Kia) Social Gaming & Athletics Community began on November 11th 2001 in the industry pioneering MMORPG "Dark Age of Camelot". They began on the Nimue roleplaying server as an inclusive community focused on creating a fun and enjoyable environment for players of all ages and skill levels.
The Gaiscíoch takes it's name from an Irish legend found within the "Lebor Gabála Érenn" and "Cath Maige Tuired" which chronicle the first people of Ireland, the Tuatha de Danann. Specifically the First Battle of Moyturna where the Tuatha de Danann hand picked the most honorable and loyal warriors to fight alongside the Celtic Gods in a battle against the Fir Bolg. These warriors were known as the Gaiscíoch.
With their roots firmly attached in the Celtic Mythological Cycle, the Gaiscíoch hold honor, respect, integrity, and fellowship, over hierarchy and dictatorship. Today the Gaiscíoch span many games, sports, and social circles.
The Gaiscioch are a global casual social gaming community with a relaxed approach toward gaming. They allow their members to play how they want, when they want, as long as they want and do not constrict them with quotas or requirements.
The overall focus of the Gaiscioch is to support the server communities and real world communities they are part of. They accomplish this by hosting public community events, participating and hosting community forums, interacting with game developers, and providing new players information through our in-game advisers and out-of-game guides, maps, and videos.
With a strong focus on community our endgame goal is to create memories, friendships, and participate in the overall success of the community. It is through gaming, athletic competition, and social interaction that we forge new friendships and relationships.
Chapter 3: RIFT Details:
- Server: Faeblight
- Faction: Guardian Primary (but since SL both sides can play together)
- Elder Team: Foghladha, Briseadh, Izzy, Donaliam, Selrina, Twilah, Seacoral
- Voice: Discord - Lobby: http://gsch.info/vc/rift Community Events: http://gsch.info/riftce
- Region: Global / English - We have a global audience however we are exclusively English speaking.
- Motto: "Play how you want, When you want, As long as you want!"
- Average Member Age: 36
- Wisest Member: 92
- Bottomline: We are real people with real lives who have bonded together through gaming. We have shared in victories, seen careers launch, seen couples be wed, babies be born, sent soldiers to war, remembered our fallen members, have fought and defeated cancer together, and continue to be the rock we all lean upon when life calls. We celebrate life together both in game and out.
If you're looking for a Guild... there are thousands.
If you're looking for a family, search no further.
Rules & Etiquette :
- Rule #1: Blades Out, Not In - We do not allow trolling, infighting, or any type of fighting amongst ourselves. Because of this we ask people to refrain from controversial topics such as religion and politics so that we may have a peaceful community that is safe for all ages and walks of life.
Guild & Voice Communication
The Gaiscioch Family is a world wide social gaming community which provides a family friendly environment for players of all ages to enjoy the games we play. To respect our family's' little eyes and ears we ask that all members keep public discussion in guild channels, alliance channels, public chat channels, and in voice services PG at all times. We have however made special adults only, mature, or pub channels for respectful adult conversation available in Discord. Be respectful and don't teach our little Gaiscioch Jr's a new vocabulary. Feel free to join us on Discord by visiting: http://gsch.info/voice
The Gaiscioch Family highly encourages it's members to participate in other guilds and their activities. Our family is community based and that reaches beyond our own circle. Any member that wants to place an alt in another guild or take their main into another guild will retain their membership and rank regardless of how long they are away. Once a member of the family always a member of the family unless they have been banished from the family. We have a strong belief that player satisfaction is more important than the tag above your head.
Family Management & Organization
Joining the Family
So you're interested in Joining? This is wonderful news! You will find we're a pretty friendly bunch who hold friendships above loot. We would love to send you an invite here and now however we want to make sure that Gaiscioch is right for you. We are not the guild for all, we are the family for many. Your enjoyment in RIFT is more valuable to us than what tag you wear above your head. Before we invite you please look over: Joining the Family Section and make sure that Gaiscioch is right for you. Your enjoyment is the most important thing to think about right now. If it is something you think you would enjoy just "Request to Join" and we will provide you with instructions on how to get started.
Becoming a Member
After you have requested to join you will be given a "Secret Word" which you can use to complete the "Member Registration". Once you have created your account login using the information you chose.
Family Systems & Structure
In this section I will be covering our family structure and systems as it pertains to our RIFT chapter. For a general overview of our family structure and systems please visit:
Claiming Leadership & Running Events
I have revamped the Leadership system to be picture based. You will be able to lead and schedule events at Lorgaire rank. To claim leadership for an event you must have a total of 3 Tuatha or GSCH/Gaiscioch members to claim participation.
Members of Gaiscioch have full access to the Marketplace, a system where members can request materials and items in exchange for Family Vault Credits that are earned through participating in events. The more you participate the more items you can order. Simply head to the marketplace or use the item search above and choose the item you would like to order. Place the order and within a few hours to a few days your order will be mailed back to you in game.
Learn more about our marketplace system at:
Be sure to keep an eye on the Marketplace to fill requests for materials and crafted items. This is the easiest way to generate contribution. Additionally you can participate in our charity events to earn even more contribution.
Quick RIFT Chapter Guides:
All GSCH and Gaiscioch Chapters & Social Adventures use Discord for Voice Communication. Discord is available for PC, MAC, iOS, Android, via the Web and soon Linux.
- Open our Discord in a Web Browser
- Add our Discord inside Discord by joining "https://discord.gg/UcjSD6R"
- Download Discord at: https://discordapp.com/download
- To unlock the channels for RIFT type "+rank RIFT" in the #access-requests channel
If you run into problems check out my Guide for Setting up Discord
Claim Your Character
- Login to "Gaiscioch.com"
- On your Command Center in the top right click "Claim Your Characters"
- Click "RIFT"
- Click "Claim" next to each of your characters.
This will allow us to promote you in game and give us visibility on who is playing actively.
- Press Shift+G to open Guild Finder
- Search "Gaiscioch"
- Click "Message"
- Type "Family or your Gaiscioch.com Handle"
- Click "OK"
- Next available elder will approve your invite
Join Tuatha Channel
This allows communication to members who are part of other guilds or are unguilded. You can also request Guild Invitations through this channel.
- Type "/chatjoin Tuatha"
Scheduling an Event
Members who are Lorgaire or higher can add RIFT events to the event Calendar
- Mouseover "Participate" on the main navigation
- Click "Event Manager"
- Add your event as you would like it displayed.
Leading an Event
Event leaders may begin claiming leadership for their events by:
- Login to "Gaiscioch.com"
- Click "Lead" on your Command Center
- Click "RIFT" on the Game Selection
- Click "Begin Campaign" below "Lead a Timed Campaign"
- Choose your Pre-Scheduled Event title from the drop down or one of the generic ones.
- Click Begin Campaign
- Click the 1-Hour, 30-Minute, or 15-Minute objective icons to display the amount of time taken for your event.
- Click "End Event"
By participating in events you can earn Fellowship points.
- Login to "Gaiscioch.com"
- Click "Participate" on your Command Center
- Click "RIFT" on the Game Selection
- Click "Claim" next to the event you attended
- Click the Checkboxes next to the objectives you were a part of (duration of time)
- Click "Claim Selected Objectives"
Becoming a Full Chapter
For RIFT to restore it's full chapter status we need to clear the 300 active player mark. This can be done simply by having our existing members claim their characters. When the site parses it will mark you as active in RIFT if you've logged into the game recently. This will allow us to see the true numbers that are actively playing RIFT. It is our goal to have 300+ by the time we launch the Telara Saga 3 in February. As members discover we're back they will come flooding back so this shouldn't be a problem. In the first 20 days we grew to 180. I don't suspect it will be hard to hit 300. Regardless of if we clear 300 and become a full chapter we will be maintaining the chapter and providing a fun and entertaining avenue for RIFT players to enjoy.
It's so awesome to see so many old faces rejoining the family for another go at RIFT. I am so happy that we managed to build a system that allows us to keep these legacy chapters open for people to enjoy. I look forward to sharing many adventures with all of you!
"It's not the loot and accolades you walk away with,
it’s the memories and friendships that you cherish forever."